Ming Wai is a Senior Associate in our Construction and Engineering and Restructuring and Insolvency practice groups.
Ming Wai's main areas of practice are in civil and commercial litigation. She has assisted in, acted for and advised clients in diverse areas of law such as bankruptcy, shareholders disputes, claims for breach of fiduciary duties, contractual disputes, probate disputes, defamation, personal injury claims and MCST and tenancy disputes. Ming Wai also has experience in handling matrimonial and criminal litigation.
Some of her notable experiences include:
- Representing high net worth individuals in litigation relating to investment agreements and shareholders agreements in the High Court.
- Representing a local water treatment company in their defence of a claim for consultancy fees in the High Court.
- Representing the majority shareholders of a local engineering company in their defence of a minority oppression claim in the High Court.
- Representing various clients in constructions claims.
- Representing various clients in post-employment disputes.
- Representing an MCST successfully at the Strata Titles Board.
- Representing various clients in successful mediations at the Singapore Mediation Centre, State Courts and Family Justice Courts.
Ming Wai graduated from the University of Leeds in 2015 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2017.