Wei Yi is a Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Management Practice Group.
Wei Yi’s areas of expertise are commercial litigation and international arbitration. She has appeared before the Singapore High Court, Court of Appeal, Singapore International Commercial Court and arbitral tribunals for matters involving issues of breach of contract, breach of directors’ duties, shareholders’ disputes, banking law, negligence, defamation, employment, breach of trust and collective sales. She has acted in various applications to the Singapore Courts concerning challenge of arbitral awards. Her practice also includes non-contentious aspects of advising on club regulations and constitutions, statutory regulations, employment matters, commercial contracts and lease agreements.
Some notable matters in which Wei Yi has been involved include :-
- Successfully defending the former shareholders and directors of Raffles Town Club in the Singapore High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for former clients of David Rasif & Partners in the recovery of misappropriated monies.
- Acting for the sales committee in a collective sale dispute of a condominium development.
- Acting for an international organisation to successfully defend a challenge to the jurisdiction of the arbitral tribunal in the Singapore International Commercial Court.
- Acting for a foreign company in to recover damages in excess of USD 10 million in an arbitration.
- Acting for a company in an employment dispute against former employees concerning breaches of post-termination obligations in the Singapore High Court and Court of Appeal.
Wei Yi has been actively involved in the Law Society of Singapore as a member of its committees and in its pro bono initiatives. She has volunteered with the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme and tutors for the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations, conducted by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE).