EHE Crisis Response: COVID-19 Pandemic and Your Risks
This morning we woke up to the news that the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the COVID-19 outbreak to be a pandemic in view of its alarming levels of spread and severity.
Looking from a risk management standpoint, we have identified three major categories of risks that businesses should consider:
Organizations will likely find that their contractual arrangements are disrupted for a prolonged period. Three questions arise:
- What is my legal position if the other party refuses to continue with the contract, citing, for example, a force majeure clause or relying on the doctrine of frustration?
- What is the consequence if my business is unable to comply with its contractual obligations?
- How can I manage the situation and find solutions?
In response to COVID-19, many offices have already implemented work from home procedures, enabling their employees to work remotely. In doing so, businesses should be aware of the following issues:
- What is the risk in terms of my corporate data security when my employees are working from home? What are my obligations to ensure secure communications?
- How can I protect ourselves from online scams and phishing emails that have increased dramatically to target the public’s desire for information on COVID-19?
- Do I know what my regulatory and contractual notification obligations are in the event of a cybersecurity breach?
Public Relations Risks
COVID-19 has also triggered misinformation across mass and social media channels. Companies affected by either fake news or suspected cases of COVID-19 should also take the following into consideration:
- Do I have a response plan if there is a COVID-19 infection involving my company’s staff?
- Who needs to be informed regarding this incident?
- How do I manage the social media storm that may arise from such a fallout?
EHE Crisis Response
Crisis response matters. EHE has a dedicated EHE Crisis Response Hotline.
EHE can provide a non-obligatory initial consultation for your GC and management. In all initial communications, please state your company name, contact details and specific queries to obtain a quick response.
Hotline: + 65 8727 1533
We can be reached via voice call, SMS, WhatsApp, Line, Viber and Telegram.
Email : [email protected]
For more information, please contact our Business Development Manager, Ricky Soetikno at [email protected]